Monday, April 20, 2009

Super Sporty Sunday

So as of now every Sunday will be referred to Super Sporty Sunday for me. Why you may ask? Well let me go right ahead and explain that to you.
At 3 pm there is my Co Rec Resident Hall team for flag football which is comprised of only freshmen. We are 2-0! Yay! Super!
The weather in Davis is not very friendly because it can either be super hot or super cold and it so happens to be super hot on the days of football.
Let me give you an example. Today the temperature in Davis was around 90 degrees and 3 pm is the time when the sun is at the highest (actually I dont know). Just standing there, beads of sweat would descend from my salty and sticky face. I would then use my previously white shirt to wipe my brow. Now I have a new shirt. One wet with sweat and grass stained. You cant find one of these at your local store.
If you all do not know, I enjoy watching the Patriots. I like the Patriots. I like their quarterback, he is very super. I like the fact that he will be returning for the next season. I like the fact that they will win the Super Bowl. :)
My football team's name COINCIDENTALLY is called The Brady Bunch.
After this extravaganza of super fun there is an hour break where I like to get the super Trudy smoothies. They are not worth it but whatever.
At 5 o clock I then head on to Dairy Field where the cows roam free. Here is where soccer happens. I started out playing goalie. I thought I was pretty cool because during winter quarter I played goalie for a night and did pretty well during indoor soccer and I thought outdoor would be the same. Let me tell you one thing. It isnt. I have let 4 very not super goals past me and so I resigned from that position. If you, the reader does not know, I am not very great at running. Many people have teased the way I run. But that is not what I am talking about right now, I am talking about my endurance. I can't take running for a very long time.
Another example. One week ago I resigned from being goalie and then I played as a midfielder and then there was a breakaway. My teammate passed it to me and I went chasing after the ball as fast as I could. I gave it everything I got and could not catch up to it on time. After that little run I was done. I was panting so hard, my legs were aching and I found it extremely hard to breathe.
And then today some very exciting new IM sport season started. It is inner tube water polo. I am not playing in this but I went to go watch. It is some pretty darn funny stuff. You have to sit on one of those black tire tubes like you would sit on it when you cruise down that round water tube thing in Great America. And you play water polo like that. You can flip people over. It looks hecka funny becase there is so much splashing going on.
That concludes my sporty day. Yeah. It is only two sports that I play in but many other people do not participate in a sport or even exercise. So let me encourage you to do so, because if I can do it, you can do it too! :D

On a sad note, as I was riding back from the water polo game I braked pretty hard to avoid hitting someone who was biking in front of me and I was on a hill at this point. The nose of my bike kind of flipped up and then I fell of my bike. I scraped up my right leg and although it doesnt look that bad it really hurts. I hope I can still play sports.
I know what is the worst thing that happens after you get an injury. Do you? It is when you need to take a shower. It is painful. I had to use my hands to clamp my mouth shut and to kind of muffle my screaming while I was in the shower or else an RA would have come over and documented me.

This quarter seems so much harder than the past two quarters. Busier and harder.

Thank you for reading! If anyone reads this! Haha it is fun writing though. Its like a diary but instead it is online and it isnt secret. So if you somehow come across this blog and read it please leave a comment. Yeah. Do it. I have this little program where it tracks you down and knows if you visited my site and read my blog and knows how many minutes you spent on here. So you cant full me. With technology nowadays you can do anything. So dont make me have to go cyberhunting for you. No but seriously. Tell me whats up and how things are going back wherever you are. Sharing is caring. And I am just kidding about the whole program thing. I think it would be considered a crime because of legal reasons.

I would also like to try making a Peanut butter tuna sandwich and eat it.

3 comments:

monstaaa said...

jason, i imagined you running in my mind and I almost peed my pants laughing. This is an excellent bedtime story for me. Thanks

Paulina said...

I enjoyed your blog greatly. You should make said sandwich and let me know how it tastes.

Andrea said...

Hi Jason!
I haven't talked to you in a really long time and I stumbled across this.
That sandwich sounds kind of unappealing.
I suck even more at badminton now, can you imagine?